The Center of EQME and SMMER was established under the order of the Rector upon on a decision of the Scientific Council (Protocol No.1 dated 23.09.2010). The Center holds a scientific and pedagogical status.
The Center of EQME and SMMER exercises functions by following key directions:
- graduate medical education quality monitoring in the university and development of guidelines for improvement;
- scientific maintenance of the educational process through the strategy generation and guidelines for Medical educational model in the KazNMU, examination of the educational process technology of universities worldwide;
- professional collaboration with educational organizations, international associations by means of scientific publications, participation in conferences, project activities.
Educational process monitoring strategy was developed in 2011-2012 academic year in the Center of EQME and SMMER, and includes following directions:
1) monitoring of main principles of the Bologna process and overall estimate of Medical educational model of the KazNMU;
2) students’ and internship students’ satisfaction level assessment for education in the university;
3) clarification of employers’ opinion for quality of training of KazNMU alumni;
4) performance assessment for innovation activity directions of the university: Visiting Program, academic mobility of candidates for Master’s degree, credit educational system, Pedagogical excellence school.
EDUCATIONAL PROCESS MONITORING
In 2010-2012 24 educational process monitoring activities were conducted, 6 of them were considered at the Scientific Council, results of other monitoring activities are reported at rectorates and monthly meeting of the Rector with Department Chairmen.
For sociological study in 2012 the Center of EQME and SMMER has recruited a “DAMU Research Group” agency and the social fund “Transparency Kazakhstan” which gave the science-based estimates of competitiveness and being in demand of KazNMU alumni at the labor market, according to employers, and corruptive situation in the university, as well.
Monitoring results data is hosted by KazNMU site: www.kaznmu.kz, under the Center of EQME and SMMER trilingual headline, and online quiz and voting, as well.
Suggestions for improvement of educational process organization, including several conceptual suggestions: in accordance with Medical educational model of the KazNMU:
- Medical educational model, based on formation of five competencies (SC, Protocol No. 4 dated 29 December, 2010)
- Credit educational system implementation (SC, Protocol No. 5 dated 25.01.2011)
- Certification of teaching employee (SC, Protocol No. 6 dated 25.03.2011)
- Teacher competencies in the KazNMU (SC, Protocol No.9 27.06.2011)
- Regulation on autonomous group of experts for learning classes’ quality control (SC, Protocol No.9 dated 27.06.2011)
- Bachelor competencies scoring system, in accordance with the Medical educational model KazNMU (approved by Scientific Council of the KazNMU, Protocol No. 2 dated 27.09.2011).
- Legal competence development conception for trainee in accordance with new Medical educational model of the KazNMU (approved by Scientific Council of the KazNMU, Protocol No. 3 dated 25.10.2011).
- Introduction of amendments to the Regulation on Academic Department Director, Academic Department, and Educational Program Committee (approved by Scientific Council No. 4 dated 29.11.2011).
- Guidelines for percentage of conventional and active (interactive) teaching methods by educational levels in faculties of the KazNMU named after S.D.Asfendiyarov (approved by Scientific Council No. 4 dated 29.11.2011).
- Concept “New approaches in manpower structure development of the KazNMU named after S.D.Asfendiyarov” (approved by Scientific Council No. 5 dated 27.12.2011).
- Results of the internship students’ satisfaction index assessment for education quality in the KazNMU and suggestions for improvement of educational process (approved by Scientific Council No. 6 dated 24.01.2012).
- Medical educational model of the Kazakh National Medical University named after S.D.Asfendiyarov in internship (in collaboration with internship deanery, approved by Scientific Council No. 6 dated 24.01.2012).
- KazNMU entrance into international associations (approved by Scientific Council No. 7 dated 28.02.2012).
- Associations for medical education associations in Europe (AMEE),
- European Universities Association (EUA),
- Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE),
- Siberian Consortium of Remote Education “Siberian Open University”,
- Eurasian Universities Association (MSU named after M.V.Lomonossov)
- Proposal development for “talking heads” group formation and activities in the KazNMU named after S.D.Asfendiyarov (approved by Scientific Council No. 9 dated 24.04.2012).
Realization of the information project “Medical educational model of the KazNMU named after S.D.Asfendiyarov”, including 13 books “Medical educational model of the KazNMU”.
Development of the scientific projects:
- Project on intramural grant 2011 “Development and implementation of educational programs based on competencies formation by medical university alumnus”.
- Project on intramural grant 2012 “Bologna process in the KazNMU named after S.D.Asfendiyarov as condition for education quality assurance”
- Project on intramural grant 2013 “Strengthening the management and organization of the educational process – an evidence based management approach».