RESUME (SV) is a generalized information about you as a potential employee (about your education, skills, work experience and main achievements), which should be reflected with the best hand. Resume can be likened to a handout that you should select from the mass of other applicants, please send your resume to the company and get the employer or recruitment agency to invite you for an interview.
When writing a resume set for itself the aim to arouse interest in the man himself, who later will read your resume. And this interest, first of all, should be positive, and, secondly, to draw attention to you, first of all, as a specialist. Note that the first time usually is viewed separately for 1-2 minutes during which it either will be of interest and examine in more detail, or put aside. So try the one hand, the approach to resume writing creatively, and on the other – to fulfill all the formal requirements.
So, the resume should represent you as perhaps not perfect, but certainly a very attractive employee. To do this, it must meet the following requirements:
First, the resume should be truthful. After all that you specify on your resume, you may need to confirm in person. And it would not be very nice, if you can not do that.
Second, the resume must wear a possible individual. If you are not exactly decided on the field of activity, for each of the areas make up your resume. Also, before you send the resume to a specific company, try to find and explore information on its operations, corporate policy, understand its principles of operation with the staff and the main requirements for the candidates. Perhaps then you make some changes in your resume or write a new one. Try to convince the employer that you are right for this position, and it is in this company. Do focus on the summary of the specific knowledge and skills that can be useful to work it in this company. You can also create a cover letter and write it, why were you attracted that this company and why you are the ideal candidate. It is also useful to know who is considering a resume in the company and a letter addressed to his name. This approach, first of all, pay attention to your employer for those qualities that are most interesting to him, and, secondly, will you as a person, to the serious problem of finding a suitable job. This is a plus in terms of any employer.
Third, leave all the negative aspects beyond the resume. You’re on their merits, not on the shortcomings.
Fourth, if you go to a foreign company makes a summary in the language, which is essential for the company. But we should also attach and summaries in Russian, because it is possible that it will be read Russian-speaking people, and your task – to create maximum comfort for him learning information.
Fifth, the resume should be concise and readable. Otherwise, it may simply be cast aside without having read. Organize all stated information. Write simple sentences, avoiding long formulations involved and verbal participle phrases. Avoid too many technical terms. The summary should be written in a good literary style and without grammatical errors. Try to avoid negative language, all information must be positive, and a summary of the whole must be brought to the employer as a series of your life achievements.
Sixth, the resume should be well decorated. Try to place all the information on one page. Place information so that the sections are clearly separated from each other, but do not use a tabular form. Use different types and font sizes. Print out resume on good paper and a good printer. If you send a resume by e-mail, it is best not to send it to the application file and insert into the text of the letter.
What specific areas should include a resume?
- Title. Traditionally, the title summary indicates the name and, in some cases, the first name of the applicant. Do not write any words such as “resume”, “profile”, and so on, it is simply not accepted.
- Coordinates. This specifies the address, phone, e-mail. The more coordinates you provide, the more opportunities will be for the employer to contact you. You can also note the preferred communication channel.
- Purpose. If you are responding to a specific job offer, please indicate in this section the name of the specific position for which you are applying. In other cases, you can specify any activity that interests you, or if you are familiar with the structure of the company, you can specify that you are interested in a particular position of the structural unit. Remember, the clearer will be formulated your goal, the better the impression you’ll make on the employer.
- Education. For information on obtaining education is usually set out in reverse chronological order (specify not only the university, but also the various training programs, etc .; pre-university education is not specified). At the same time pay attention to the employer to courses that may be helpful in your chosen field. Include threads executed projects and dissertations and the name of the department for which they are protected, but only if it relates to future work. It is also necessary to specify obtained during study awards and certificates, participate in a competition of student works, scientific achievements.
- Experience. For information about work experience as set out in reverse chronological order. It is necessary to specify the period of work, company name, job title and main duties. Try to emphasize its main achievements (in this case use very clear and concise wording), focusing on the positive results of the work. Do not include non-essential work experience, which has no relation to the proposed job or field of activity. If you have no experience, just skip this section. No need to write “Experience Works” and put a dash in front.
- Additional information. In this section, specify the computer skills and foreign languages, driving license. Include your positive personal qualities. Try to select those, which can be important when working in the field or at a given position. For people with no work experience relevant to point out the ability and willingness to learn. Avoid using standartyne wording like “sociable and initiatives.” Such phrases are found in 90% of the summary and therefore can not distinguish you from the crowd of applicants. You can also specify their interests and hobbies, but before you do this, think about which side they describe you.