Erasmus is a new program of the European Union for the period from 2014 to 2020, aimed to supportingprojects, cooperation, academic mobility in the field of education, training, sportand youth policy.
Erasmus + aims to further promotion of the modernization and sustainable development of education and training systems, supporting the development of youth policy and sports, as well as improving skills and thus improve people’s employment opportunities. The new program involves a significant increase of investments in developmentof human potential.
S.D. AsfendiyarovKazNMU has received an European Union grant under the program «Erasmus +» for 2015-2018 y.y. «Modernization of medical education in universities (ModeHed).
Project duration: 36 months
funding amount: 776 292,00 EUR
Project coordinator: Higher school of technics, economics and culture of Leipzig, Germany
• Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic — partner of the project;
• Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice, Slovakia;
• Fergana State University, Uzbekistan;
• Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan;
• S.D.Asfediyarov, Kazakh National Medical University. Kazakhstan;
• Namangan State University, Uzbekistan;
• Centre for the Development of Medical Education at the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
• Uzbek State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports, Uzbekistan;
• South Kazakhstan State Pharmaceutical Academy, Kazakhstan;
• Bukhara State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan;
• Kazakh State Women’s Pedagogical University, Kazakhstan;
• Andijan State University, Uzbekistan;
• Kokand State Pedagogical Institute, Uzbekistan;
• Uzbek Association of Medical teachers, Uzbekistan.
- The purpose of the project is the modernization of educational programs for health care at universities of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
• The project provides:
• Teaching education disciplines modernizers onPublic health with the European partners on the subjects:
2. Fundamentals of medical knowledge
3. Age physiology and hygiene
4. Sports Medicine and Hygiene of Physical training
5. Therapeutic physical training and hygiene physical training (for non-medical institutions)
6. Public health and public health management
7. Improving best practice ofrendering the first pre-medical aid (for medical schools)
- Adaptation, modernization and restructure of the Public health disciplines
- Creation of teaching methodic complexes based on the modernized training courses on Public health
- Formation of the necessary teaching skills for the implementation of the modernized educationaldisciplines
- Development of multimedia products for 7 disciplines
- Testing of modernized curricula and updating them on the basis of the analysis results
During the developing of the educational courses the working groups will be provided with the technical and educational equipment. The effectiveness of the project will be supported by the organization and by conducting special training seminars, the close cooperation between the partners of the European Union (EU) and partner countries (SP), as well as by constant monitoring for the implementation of the project. Information will be given through conferences, publications on web sites.