In the 7th of March, 2014 Institute of University Development together with vice-rectorate for postgraduate education and interregional cooperation, and High Medical School met with physicians delegation from the medical center of KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY.
KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY was founded in 1949 and it is a private university of South Korea in Seoul. University includes 23 colleges in various directions, including College of Natural Science, College of Human Ecology, College of Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing Science, College of Life Sciences.
University has the 255th place in QS World University Rankings 2013.
By program “Pharmacy” it is included into TOP 100 of QS University Subject Rankings 2014.
It has the 35th place in QS Asian University Rankings 2013.
Meeting was held with help of general consul of South Korea in RK Son Chi Kyn (PhD).
The visiting program included:
- Lectures (for interns, residents and teachers of High Medical School chairs) on problems of differential diagnosis of arthritis, the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Discussing the cooperation prospects for KazNMU and KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY.
Outcomes of meeting
Vice-rector Nurmanbetova F.N., deputy director of Institute of University Development, professor Seung-Jae Hong, MD,PhD, Dr. Cho Joong Saeng, member of the South Korea embassy in RK Mrs. Cho Yn John discussed:
- Fields of universities cooperation;
- Possibilities of clinical teaching of KazNMU teachers by KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY;
- Educational programs realized on postgraduate degree;
- Visiting-programs for professors from South Korea at KaazNMU;
- Cooperation prospects in the field of tele-medicine.
It is planned to sign the contract on cooperation between KazNMU and KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY.