In October 2010 scientific research Institute of fundamental and applied medicine named after B. Atchabarov with clinical experimental and scientific-educational laboratories was created for raising scientific research’s level at the University.
Science activity accreditation from the Ministry of Education and Science was received in August, 2011.
University employees actively participate in realization of 3 scientific projects financed by National innovative fund. 7 scientific and technical projects for a total sum of 70 million tenge on the program “Target development of the university science focused on innovative result” financed by MES RK have been won. 4 STP financed by MH РК are being carried out. Multi-central scientific investigations on priority directions (STP “Mars-500,” Working out of anti-ageing model in providing active longevity of elderly persons”) have been developed. To activate scientific activity in SRIFAM named after B.A.Atchabarov 258 workers of the professorial teaching staff have been involved.They participated in 13 temporarily scientific groups (volume of financing is more than 20 million tenge). For the reported year within the frame of the 80th anniversary of the university over 60 scientific-practical conferences, training seminars were carried out to the persons, responsible for the scientific work at the departments. 6 patents were received by the University in 2011. The workers of the university have published 26 monographies on priority directions of public health, 27-textbooks and educational supplies, 27-scientific-methodical supplies, 1389 articles (16 collections), 88 ones in the CIS countries, 115 ones in far abroad countries, 14 printing works in the international reviewed magazines. At scientific research institute of FAM named after B.A.Atshabarov the fund rising department which helps professorial teaching staff in searching international grants, in accessing to foreign resources of the scientific and technical information has been established, and issue of bulletins with indicating sites is realized. Annually for raising an interest in scientists and researchers of Kazakhstan to the development of a world medical science the “Days of University” are held. Famous scientists from all over the world participate in this event.
“Human Health Risk Assessment Laboratory”,
Department of the General Hygiene and Ecology
“Human health risk assessment laboratory” was created according to organizational structure of the Department of General Hygiene and Ecology. The primary activity purpose is: assessment of risk for the human health from chemicals influence (air environment – atmospheric air, water, water objects, soil, foodstuffs, dwellings and public building, planning and building) and including other factors of influence.
The basic functions of Laboratory activity is implementation of research work by the orders of state power bodies, including bodies of state sanitary-epidemiological supervision, industrial enterprises and project organizations, individual businessmen, legal organs and natural persons.
“Human health risk assessment laboratory” has conducted following activities:
- conducted the international educational seminar “Human Problems of Ecology, Environmental Hygiene and Risk Assessment to the Human Health”, where scientific hygienists of Russian Federation were attracted
- implemented the order of LLC “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating B.V.” (КPО B.V.) jointly with LLC “Kazakhstan Agency of Applied Ecology”(КАAE) : the “Calculation sanitary-hygienic zone of Karachaganak Oil and Gas Condensate Field”, that is ratified by the Main state health-officer of RK Bekshin Z.M.
- within the framework of МES of RK Program realization “020 Preparation of Specialists with Higher and postgraduate Education and Providing Social Help to Students” Master-classes were conducted with bringing in specialists of international rate.
The main trajectory of Laboratory Development are:
- implement Risk Assessment and Risk Management courses in the educational process of RK
- High Medical Institutions;
- training and retraining of sanitary corps specialists of RK;
- conduct pilot projects in the most densely populated cities like Almaty, Astana and others as these are the most subject to contamination of environment.