On department of «Health Policy and Management» of the Kazakh National Medical University named after SD Asfendiyarov 13 to January 17, 2014 passed the Fifth Annual International Winter School on « Evidence-based approaches and technologies of behavioral changes.»
Schools work was solemnly opened by rector of KazNMU — Professor Akanov A.A., Vice rector Professor Tulebayev K.A., head of the Department «Health Policy and Management» MD Turdalieva B.S.
Winter School participants were welcomed Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences Member of Russian Academy Sciences and the National NAS of RK, Honored worker of RK, laureate of the State Prize of Kazakhstan, winner of «Platinum Tarlan», winner of the highest award of the World Health Organization — Sharmanov Toregeldy Sharmanovich.
Head of the Department «Health Policy and Management» MD Turdalieva B.S. briefed the participants on the goals and objectives of the Winter School.
Were carried out training workshops on the following topics:
- Evidence-based approaches and technologies of behavior changes.
- Deviant behavior. Behavior disorders in adolescence.
- Model of behavioral change.
- Human rights and gender equality. Structure analysis of the factors affecting the development, maintenance and implementation of policies.
- Equality as a factor of social and economic development. Reproductive health: the integration of comprehensive gender approach in the health care system.
- The impact of gender inequality on the health of women and men. Comprehensive gender approach in the health care system..
- Preventing HIV infection.
- Altynbekova Umitzhan Asylbekovna, candidate of medical sciences, assistant professor, «Health Policy and Management.»
- Akimbaeva Anar Abdrahimovna, Researcher in Department of Science of the National Center for Healthy Lifestyles Ministry of Health, Master of Medicine.
- Baysugurova Venus Yu, chief specialist of the evidence-based medicine.
Winter School participants noted the importance of holding such annual training for medical students. This year’s theme was important to study models of behavior change in health care.
At the present stage the priority health issue is a significant reduction in public health, weak motivation in preservation of health, the lack of implementation of the principles of general mechanisms of valeology on a mass scale.
It is well known that adequate and regular information available often leads to that person thinks of the need for a healthy way.
The team of Student Volunteer Movement of the Youth Health Center KazNMU organized tour of the city of Almaty for visiting participants.
All participants noted the high quality of the organization of Winter School.
As part of the V International Winter School was held the International Olympiad of scientific research. ON the Olympiad were presented 11 works, the prizes were awarded to six of them.
I — Doszhanova Raushan, Khusainova Fariza («Indicators priorities in forming HLS students of secondary specialized institutions») 17 pts, 5 KazNMU, Almaty
II-Zorinsk Julia («Food safety as a fundamental aspect of health») points to 16, 75, Semey
II- Koishybayev Gulnaz («nursing process in evidence-based medicine») 15 pts, 5 KazNMU, Almaty
III-Arymbekova Asem («anti-fungal properties of essential oil of thyme Marmalla isolated from the flora of Kazakhstan»), 14 points, 5 KSMU, Karaganda
III-Zharylgapov Akzada Zhangirhankyzy («The level of informatization of tuberculosis among the youth»), 14 pts, 5, Aktobe
III-Abenova Nazim («Hygienic study and evaluation of the nutritional status of schoolchildren Semey») points to 14, 25, Semey
Sponsors of the International Winter School were:
1. Company «Colgate-Palmolive» (representative manager diteyler Mrs. I. Pogoreltsev)
2. The Public Procurement and material supply (Head-A.A Hasanov)
At the end of V International Winter School were awarded with certificates and letters of thanks to the participants, whose numbers total 47 people.