On the 6th of March 2014 vice-rector for postgraduate education and Institute of University Development held round table talks with Great Britain’s representatives, directors of educational departments, heads of structural divisions and heads of High Medical School chairs.
Nurmanbetova F.N. vice-rector for postgraduate education and interregional cooperation worked as moderator.
Representatives of University of Southampton showed their power point presentations:
– prof. Jonathan Drennan, director of the Center of innovations and leadership in health sciences introduced presentation “Research Opportunities, An overview of research at the Faculty of Health Sciences”.
– Jan Davis, RN RM RSCN BSc (Hons), MBA, PCAP, NP, head of educational programs (Leadership & Health Systems), introduced presentation “Leadership in Health Systems”
– there was online presentation of doctor Sue Colley, associate dean (Strategy Delivery, Business and Enterprise) “Innovations in Technology: Selected examples of Faculty of Health Sciences activity”.
Dr Sue Colley is associate dean, Strategy Delivery, Business and Enterprise.
Outcomes of round table:
- Acquaintance of KazNMU personnel with educational programs of University of Southampton;
- Acquaintance with the best clinical experiences of University of Southampton;
- Discussing the possibility of implementation of Southampton University experiences into KazNMU in the sphere of innovation, management in healthcare, nursing education, leadership programs and research practices.
- Identification of cooperation directions between KazNMU and University of Southampton;
University of Southampton was founded in 1862 and it is included into the “Russell” group of research universities and it also included into World web of universities.
More than 24 000 students of bachelor and master’s degrees studied at University of Southampton. According to rating Times Higher Education Table and QS World University Rankings it entered into the number of 100 best universities of planet. Edition of Complete University Guide in 2013 identified 13 scientific and research specialties of the university and gave him the place in TOP 10 according to the high degree in this field.