You have been invited for an interview. What to do?
Before going to the interview, try to prepare:
- Try to find all the available information about the company, its corporate policies and requirements for personnel. This will help you to behave during an interview. Cook also questions the interviewers. These questions may relate to the company as a whole (but only if the company is small, and the information on it is really difficult to find), the organization of work and the main objectives and achievements of the division of the company, which proposed the position. You can ask, in connection with which the position is opened (with the expansion of the company or with the departure of the former employee) and to clarify the basic duties.
- Prepare a little story about yourself (the interviewers asked to tell about yourself often enough, so the word “First, we would like to hear what you say about yourself …” should not put you in a dead end).
- Although the wording of the question is quite large enough for your answer must be sufficiently specific and concise. Try to report only constructive information. You can specify the story, starting with the phrase “With your permission, I will talk about …”.
As a rule, asking a similar question, the interviewer wants to hear about you as a specialist. So talk is about education and previous work experience. If the work experience you do not, then we can talk about what you are attracted to the chosen field of activity. Remember your story should emphasize those of your qualities that are important when working on this position.
- Think about possible questions that you can ask the interviewer and the answers to them. Most likely they will touch your story about themselves and the information specified in your CV. The interviewer may also ask you about prospective earnings, therefore please think over the answer to this question. Do not try to seduce the interviewer’s own “cheap”: that you show lack of confidence and low self-esteem. Even if the employer can not pay you the amount that you call, it will not be the cause of failure: he simply offer you a lower rate of pay. And if you’re willing to work to give “small” salary, then nothing will force the employer to pay you more (if we are not talking about large companies, where the level of payment, usually standardized).
- Think carefully about your costume. Here everything is quite simple – to interview any company decided to come in a business suit, even if the company’s corporate policy involves free style in clothes. If the business suit – that’s not your style, try to pick it up so that you feel as comfortable and naturally. Just give the impression of business and serious man, but bind themselves excessive rigor is not necessary.
Now you are ready. It remains only to learn how to behave at the interview.
- Perhaps needless to say that in an interview you should not be late. It is better to arrive 10 minutes earlier to a little “come to his senses,” to calm down, look around the office. And then to go directly to the interviewer. If you were late, then do not despair: just briefly apologize to the interviewer, not fell into unnecessary explanations. Do not knock before you come into the office. Firstly, it is not included in the rules of business etiquette, and secondly, it will give your self-doubt.
- When prompted to sit down, choose the most convenient place and try to sit so that your position does not constitute an obstacle between you and the interviewer. If the chairs in the office raspolzheny not the best, then choose the “favorite” chair and move as you see fit (best to sit down so that nothing separates you from the interviewers).
- Do not sit on the edge of his chair. Remember, your posture should not be too constrained or too cheeky. Do not “cross your” hands on breast, it indicates the closeness. Keep in mind that zakidyvanie his feet sometimes causes a negative reaction from the interviewer. Nor should “cross” his feet under the chair. Put your legs straight and confidently.
- Try not to be nervous and to hold with dignity. Remember, you are not in the exam, and the interviewer is also interested in you as you are in it. After all, if you are invited for an interview, then as a specialist, you have something to attract an employer. If you calm down completely failed, try not to show it. If your hands and stretch scratched his head, rotate the button or pull his ear, it is best to hide them under the table.
- Hold free and at ease. Do not try to pretend play and pretend to be super-human. After all, it can not be foreseen. And if you are dealing with an experienced interviewer (and a big company and it will), it is easy to substitute a trap and you will solve your game.
- Stay open and friendly, do not forget to smile (but do not do it constantly). In general, since you do not have accurate information about the preferences of the interviewer, you should not rush into extremes.
- In response to a question, remember the interviewer is more interested not in what you answer the questions, but how you respond. After the interview largely aimed at clarifying not professional and personal qualities of candidate: his communication skills, the ability to articulate, self-confidence, stress, etc. Your wording should be short and clear, do not unnecessarily go into details, to try to shine ornateness speech. When answering the question is better to look into the eyes of the interviewer and avoid excessive gesticulation.
- Be able to withstand a pause. If you have already answered the question, and the interviewer is still silent, it is not necessary to make any further comments. Wait for him to speak first.
- parting do not forget to smile and ask about how you find out about the results of the interview.
If you refuse to work, do not despair. Firstly, you should definitely offer better job and you are sure to get it. Secondly, you have acquired a unique experience of survival in extreme conditions, which is sure to come in handy in future job search. After the interview is also a skill that you need to be able to master. Therefore, having calmed down, try to analyze their behavior and understand what mistakes were made in order to avoid them in the future.
We wish you good luck and sincerely hope that these tips will help
You in finding a job