- Name: Department of Master’s and PhD doctoral programs
- Location: main administrative building, 2nd floor, office No. 227
- Contact details: 8(727)338-70-83, internal: 7268 — head of the department, chief specialist; 7271 – methodists;
Email address: otdel[email protected]
- About the structural subdivision: In Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, training of scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff is carried out in the master’s and PhD doctoral programs.
The department of postgraduate education (PhD doctoral and master’s programs) (previously the office of postgraduate education (PhD doctoral, master’s and residency programs)) is the structural subdivision of KazNMU, responsible for the educational programs such as master’s and PhD doctoral studies, and achievement of the final results of training.
The decanate was organized on November 1, 2012 on the basis of the decision of the Academic Council of KazNMU from 30.10.2012, protocol No. 3 (order No. 2120 / 1l dated October 31, 2012) and was a structural subdivision of the Higher Medical School of Asfendiyarov KazNMU. Since 01/09/2014 decanate of postgraduate education (PhD doctoral, master’s and residency programs) was reorganized into the department of PhD doctoral and master’s programs.
The department of master’s and PhD doctoral programs is a structural subdivision of the Department of Science and Innovation and is under the supervision of the vice-rector for research Zhussupov B.S..
The main objective of the department is the realization of the mission and goals of the University in training highly qualified, competent specialists, coordinating, planning and organizing the educational process at the university in relevant specialties, ensuring the quality of education in accordance with the international standards of postgraduate education (WFME, ORPHEUS, AMSE).
Training in the master’s and PhD doctoral programs is carried out in two directions: profile, and scientific and pedagogical, in the master’s program — in 7 specialties: 6M110100 — medicine, 6M110200 — public health, 6M110300 — nursing, 6M110400 — pharmacy, 6M110500 — medical prophylactic, 6M074800 — pharmaceutical production technology, 6M050700 — management, in PhD program — 4 specialties: 6D110100 — medicine, 6D110200 — public health, 6D110400 — pharmacy, 6D074800 — pharmaceutical production technology.
Total 379 postgraduate students were trained in the KazNMU master’s program over the period 2007-2017, and 51 doctoral PhD students were trained in PhD programs.
At the moment, 79 PhD students are studying at the PhD program, 99 students at the master’s program.
- Aims, objectives, functions, and main activities of the department of master’s and PhD doctoral programs.
The main objective of the department is to conduct continuous organizational, coordinating and administrative work aimed at achieving the goals and objectives assigned to the department of master’s and PhD doctoral programs.
- imlementation and further improvement of the training of specialists at the modern level, meeting the requirements of state compulsory education standards and modern trends emerging in the market of educational services;
- informative and methodical support of PhD doctoral and master’s studies;
- representation of the interests of PhD doctoral and master’s students, and the department of master’s and PhD doctoral programs in government education authorities, as well as in relationships with students, customers and third parties;
- coordination of work in master’s and PhD doctoral programs, maintenance of high educational and labor discipline of proper order and organization;
- improving the level of pedagogical culture, forming the personal responsibility of pedagogical workers for the implementation of the educational process;
- studying and using the domestic and international experience of training personnel in the field of health;
- maintenance and delivery of statistical and other reports on the department.
- Planning the activity of the master’s and PhD doctoral programs within the the university’s strategic plan framework
- Expansion of the list of specialties of the postgraduate level of medical education (license and its annexes).
- Improvement of the regulatory and legal framework for the educational master’s and PhD doctoral programs
- Establishment of the educational master’s and PhD doctoral programs
- Formation and approval of the catalog of elective disciplines
- Development (revision) and approval of educational programs in the context of specialties in the areas of training
- Development and approval of forms of documents on the organization of the educational process in the educational master’s and PhD doctoral programs
- Academic Politics
- Organization of scientific internships for master’s and doctoral students
- Academic mobility (internal, external)
- Organization and monitoring of assessments of educational achievements of trainees.
- Current, interim and final control.
- Organization of research, teaching and practical activities
- Planning application procedures and organization of the educational master’s and PhD doctoral programs. Career Guidance.
- Monitoring the educational process. Feedback
- Master’s and PhD doctoral program analysis
- Division structure: Staff members of the department of Master’s and PhD doctoral programs:
Head of the department –Aizhan D. Kyzayeva
PhD doctorate, “Public health”, Thesis “Medico-social and economical efficiency of implementing standards of diagnostics and treatment in obstetrics and gynecology in Kazakhstan”
Master degree, Thesis “Medico and social efficiency of Safe motherhood programs in Kazakhstan”
Internship, “Obstetrics and gynecology”
Bachalor degree, “General medicine”
Chief specialist — Orazayeva F.G.
Methodist – Bukabayeva S.A.
Methodist — Sadvakosova Zh.K.
Reception time: daily from 16-00 to 18-30 (5 week days)