The Association for Medical Education in Europe is a worldwide organisation with members in 90 countries on five continents. Members include educators, researchers, administrators, curriculum developers, assessors and students in medicine and the healthcare professions.
AMEE organises an annual conference and delivers courses on teaching, assessment and research skills for teachers in medicine and the healthcare professions. AMEE produces the journal Medical Teacher, a series of education guides, occasional papers and Best Evidence Medical Education guides.
MedEdWorld, is an international network through which organisations, medical schools, individual teachers and students across the world can share ideas, experiences and expertise and through which they can collaborate in the further development of medical education.
- Personal copy of Medical Teacher (12 copies per membership year)
- Online access to Medical Teacher
- Free membership of MedEdWorld with free access to webinars and many more exciting initiatives including FACE (Find a Consultant in Medical Education) – download the latest MedEdWorld Flyer for more information – An invitation to join MedEdWorld.pdf
- Discount on conference attendance
- Discount on AMEE Education Guides including BEME Guides and Occasional Papers
- Participate in the business of AMEE and have one vote in the General Assembly
Who should apply? Teachers, administrators, and researchers involved in medical and healthcare professions education.
Cost: GBP 85/ Euros 105 for one year or GBP 165 / Euros 205 for two years
How to apply: Apply Online. You can opt to pay by credit card or request an invoice
Individual MedEdWorld members have access to a range of MedEdWorld services:
- Networking with other medical education professionals across the world;
- Regularly updated information about developments in medical education;
- Information about sources of learning resources including web sites and banks of
- Resources for personal professional development in medical education;
- MedEdWorld discussion forums and special interest groups;
- Participation in webinars on a range of medical education topics at a reduced
- cost, (free for members of a Premium MedEdWorld institution);
- Development of a personal profi le page to highlight interests and expertise in
- medical education.
- (Free for AMEE members, members of Premium MedEdWorld institutions, and members from
- World Bank Band 3 Listed Countries. £10 if from institutions with basic MedEdWorld membership)
Cost: £20 per year
registration on the official site http://www.amee.org