Since 2012, the Kazakh National Medical University named after SD Asfendiyarov trains specialists from among foreign citizens to medical facilities in Asia, Europe and the CIS. Today, foreign students in programs of higher and postgraduate education at the University organizes the dean’s office of foreign students.
Currently, KazNMU has about 424 students from China, South Korea, Iran, Mongolia, Russia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Jordan, India, Turkmenistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Belarus, Syria, etc.
Increase in the number of foreign students can be explained by the increasing popularity of our university among foreign nationals, which is probably associated with a marked increase in the quality of education and a significant improvement of material and technical base of the university.
The sharp rise of foreign students in the last two years is associated with the intergovernmental agreement between Kazakhstan and the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, which was signed during the official visit of the head of state Nursultan Nazarbayev in Afghanistan in 2009.
The faculty to prepare students for the following specialties
• 5B130100 “General Medicine” – 5 years + 2 years of internship
• 5B 130200 “Stomatology” – 5 years + 1 year internship
• 5B110400 “Medical prophylactic business” – 5 years
• 5B110300 “Pharmacy” – 5 years
• 5B110100 “Nursing” – 4 years
• 5B110200 “public health” – 5 years
• 5B074800 “Technology of pharmaceutical production” – 4 years
• 5B050700 “Management” – 4
The most popular among students from abroad are a specialty “General Medicine”, “Dentistry” and “Pharmacy”.
Today signed a memorandum with LLP «ADAMCompany» to attract applicants from 50 countries of the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Republic of Turkey, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the State of Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, the State of Qatar, Kingdom of Bahrain, the Republic of Iraq, the Republic of Lebanon, Libya, Palestine and the Syrian Arab Republic.
Departments of the university has gained an extensive experience in teaching English, which contributes to the effective implementation of the educational process with students from different countries and Kazakhstan students wishing to study in English. Co-education students from abroad and Kazakh students in the English-speaking groups allows foreign students to adapt to the new socio-cultural environment, educational system, to a new language of communication. More attention is paid to educational work as an essential component of the learning process.
Initially, before the university task in teaching foreign students, formulated as follows: first-class train professionals who after studying in our university will be in demand in their homeland. It is therefore of great importance is attached to the creation of favorable conditions for youth organically included in the educational, cultural, scientific and social life. Those who do not know Russian are able to study at the foundation courses. The length of training preparatory courses is 8 months.
Faculty prepares citizens of Kazakhstan, specialty Nursing.
Training on specialty “Nursing” started in 2007. Standard term of development of basic educational program in the specialty Nursing at the internal form of training – 4 years.
Upon completion of training professional activity aimed at preservation and health, improve its quality through the organization and implementation of nursing activities.
In accordance with the purpose and place in the health system main types of professional activity of graduates are:
• prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation;
• social care;
• management (administration);
Graduates of the Faculty of Higher Nursing Education will be able to continue their education in the magistracy.
Chairs in the Faculty:
• Department of “Organization of nursing practice”
• Department of “Introduction to the clinic with a course of Nursing”;
• Department of “Communication skills, basic psychology, general and medical psychology”;
• Department of “History of Kazakhstan and socio-humanitarian disciplines”;
• department “Kazakh language”;
• Department “Russian language”;
• Department of “Foreign Language”;
• Module “Latin”;
• Module “Gerontology and Geriatrics”;
• module “HIV and IR”